248.421.6476 | email@example.com
· Outstanding writing, editing and linguistic skills applied to user-centered design principles
· Excel at translating complex topics into content that’s easy to understand
· Specialist in content for public and secure digital platforms including desktop, mobile and app
· Content strategy development, promotion, implementation and best practices
· Responsive design, HTML, 508 compliance (accessibility), Adobe AEM, JIRA, AP Style, Microsoft Office
Senior Web Editor, Digital Experience content strategy team
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, contracted through w3r Consulting June 2012 to present
Collaborate with UX, UI and IT in an Agile environment to research, analyze and create content for bcbsm.com, from microcopy to long form. Primary goal: Accurate content with the best user experience that helps members understand and use their health insurance. Measure of success: Increased sales, member retention and satisfaction, and lower costs. Significant contributions include:
· Lead editor on projects to make the secure and public desktop sites for members responsive and 508 compliant to increase use and reduce call center costs
· Lead editor for the in-house built BCBSM mobile app. Rated 3.6 stars on Google Play, higher than comparable apps; 84 percent of users say they’ll continue using the app
· Implemented content strategy standards and best practices where they didn’t exist before on the member portal workstream
· Launch of new products and supporting content for health care reform to capture new market share
· Medicare site redesign, winner of a ClearMark award for Best Website/Non-Profit from the Center for Plain Language
· bcbsm.com redesign, winner of two Outstanding Website awards from the Web Marketing Association
Michigan Meetings + Events magazine November 2004 to June 2012
Michigan Meeting + Events magazine is a quarterly trade publication available in print and digital editions for Michigan meeting and event planners and suppliers (mi.meetingsmags.com). Editorial duties included:
· Develop editorial content that met the needs of the magazine’s audience and brought value to advertisers
· Operate within editorial budget and meet production deadlines
· Edit copy assigned to paid writers and professional industry contributors to tone and style of magazine
· Author articles and departments
Nonprofit Communications Specialist April 1998 to present
· Design and manage websites for nonprofit organizations that increase awareness, membership and donations
· Produced newsletters, email marketing, promotional and appeal letters, press releases, grant applications, contest entries, member directories, etc.
Freelance Writer, Editor and Web Designer 1989 to June 2012
Website and blog design, set-up, content creation and maintenance for clients using Microsoft Expression Web, Blogger and Photoshop. Also created programs, brochures, newsletters, resumes, etc.
Authored numerous feature articles, profiles, columns and other written material by assignment for a wide variety of clients and publications, including automotive, magazines, university and newspapers.
University of Michigan - Dearborn
· BA Liberal Studies (English, Linguistics and Music History). Graduated with High Distinction, GPA 3.80.